The buildingSMART alliance™ is a unique organization helping to make the North American real property industry more efficient by leading the creation of tools and standards that allow projects to be built electronically before they are built physically using Building Information Modeling.
Benefits to stakeholders –
- Participation in the development of standards changing the industry
- Realization of higher quality, lower cost, faster construction and more sustainable projects
- Ability to take advantage of new business models.
What we do –
- Drive full lifecycle implementation of building information models (BIMs)
- Engage all facets of the real property and building industries in the creation of new standards and products
- Develop and promote the National BIM Standard-United States™ and United States National CAD Standard®
- Educate the public and stakeholders about the efficiency modeling and simulation can bring to the real property industry.
Please support the Alliance
The Alliance develops and disseminates no-cost open BIM standards and coordinated BIM education and information for the real property industry. All bSa resources supporting this work come from individual, corporate, association and agency memberships and sponsorships. The Alliance does not receive any government funding. Please help support this critical industry-wide effort by supporting the Alliance with membership and participation.
Get Ready to Improve the National BIM Standard - United States
Apr 23 2013 12:00 AM
COBie Challenge for Facility Management Draws a Crowd at NFMT
Apr 01 2013 12:00 AM
Presentations available for Building Innovation 2013 Conference: BIM Academic Education Symposium
Feb 15 2013 12:00 AM
Building Smart International - International Council Meeting
May 22 - 25, 2013
June 20 - 22, 2013
ASHRAE 2013 Annual Conference
June 22 - 26, 2013
In alliance with